Right now, many people are losing their income or maybe having a tough time finding a job to afford general living expenses. That’s a hard spot to be in. Luckily, there are still plenty of job opportunities to help keep you afloat and we have even had a few people find better, long-term jobs. Supplemental Staffing is actively looking for people to take on these open positions.
But let’s focus on reasonable tips to keep in mind while dealing with the funds received. We understand that not all options are feasible for everyone, but we wanted to share some general ideas.
PUT IT TOWARDS WHERE YOU NEED IT MOST:
- If you do want to use it now – use it wisely. Some debt is being put on hold, like federal student loans, so take advantage of this opportunity to build up some savings or put it towards living expenses in this time of need.
STILL GET A JOB:
Continue to search for active employment or continue your current position.
- This is the most important tip on this list. The stimulus isn’t enough to live on for very long. Keeping a stable job, whether it’s part-time or full-time, will allow you to continue your lifestyle. Find what jobs we have available here.
This one is more for those in an alright spot currently.
- Put it directly into your savings for when you are in a bad spot. AKA the rainy day or emergency fund. Again though, staying employed may be worth the effort to ensure you're financially stable.
WHAT NOT TO DO:
- Buy a new $1,200 flat-screen TV.
- Splurging can be difficult urge to avoid, especially on entertainment when everyone has been asked not to socialize. Curling up with some Netflix/TV or a game can be something you can easily talk yourself into supporting. Those products that you just “have to have” that support relaxation moments aren’t a bad thing, but stay mindful when considering new purchases.
- It’s not a good idea to be spending money on things that we really don’t need. Now is a time for priorities.
If you are worried about job availability, we urge you to check out our job-board and see what there is to offer. We have had employees that were laid off of their other jobs and find their dream career through our staffing service. We would like to offer you that same opportunity! Let us help keep you stable and happy!